Friday 17 August 2012

A Beginning

Hello there. Well this is new. Best start at the beginning.

I've toyed with the idea of writing a blog about the books I read for a while now but perennial shyness has up until this point stopped me from doing so. But I've just watched When Harry Met Sally for about the 50th time (sadly not an exaggeration) and have realised I can now quote it to almost word-perfect standard. It's time for a new challenge. 

I love books. Not perhaps, with the undying fervour that you might expect of a reader who decides they're going to blog about them, but well enough. I know that's a bit weird. What I mean is, I don't get antsy if I haven't got a book on the go and I can go for a respectable enough length of time between books without feeling like I've got a hole in my head. But once I get involved, I'm there- and trying to read it as fully and completely as I can. But my memory is useless and I can never remember what I've read for long after I've read it. I don't think it's a medical problem, I think- in that respect- I'm just a bit dim. 

In any case, this blog is an exercise in remembering, or at least, archiving what I think as I read- hence the title. I'm going to be reading books I love (but can't remember), books I should have read (and more about the 'should' word as I go on) and any suggestions anyone wants to offer. So here it is. I am beginning. And in typical English-Project-After-The-School-Holidays fashion I am starting with: My favourite book. Except today it's not a book. It's a poem.




No comments:

Post a Comment